VitaShell is the most popular homebrew utility for the PSVita since it’s installed on almost every HENkaku-enabled PSVita/PSTV. It was originally developed by ‘TheFlow’ for Rejuvenate and it won the Wololo PS Vita Revitalize competition as it was determined “Best homebrew” back in 2015. Now, it’s become a Swiss Army for the PSVita since it can do many things such as:
- Let you start an FTP server to copy files to your Vita. You may also use it to copy files to your Vita via USB from your computer.
- Read QR codes and even install VPKs from them if they lead to one.
- Sort/Delete/Create files and folders.
- Extract and create ZIP files.
- Read and display various files such as music files (MP3), pictures, SFO files and much more.
- Use themes for maximum customisation
- Many other features!
What got updated in VitaShell 1.78?
VitaShell 1.78 brings about the following:
- The ‘C2-12828-1 error’ was fixed. These seemed to affect some users when doing normal file operations (copying/deleting/moving) in VitaShell 1.75. This seems to have had something to do with a malloc problem with File I/O. https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/issues/298
- License database refresh, a feature developed by VitaSmith, was added.
- DLC refresh and restore license from an Sqlite DB database were added. These features were also developed by VitaSmith.